Clásico del Rock

26 Ene, 2011

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, España

Samothrace - Reverence To Stone (2012) [Sludge/Doom/Post]

por Soulkiller » Mar Jun 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Imagen

1. When We Emerged
2. A Horse of our Own

"Doom metal harbingers SAMOTHRACE this week proudly announce the completion of their highly-anticipated second LP.

The new hymns were constructed at Soundhouse Studios in SAMOTHRACE’s hometown of Seattle with producer Brandon Fitzsimmons (ex-Wormwood) at the turn of the year, then mastered at Earhammer by Greg Wilkinson (Brainoil, Graves At Sea), the finishing touches are being put on the follow-up to the band’s acclaimed Life’s Trade debut. Bearing the title Reverence To Stone, the LP’s two extensive tracks — “When We Emerged” and “A Horse Of Our Own” — engulf nearly thirty-five minutes, presenting the unit’s revered, multi-faceted doom at its most expansive to date.

Stated founding guitarist/vocalist Bryan Spinks on the forthcoming album: “Man, it’s been almost four years since our debut release Life’s Trade, but we are still alive and kicking. We’ve endured some member changes and some definite peaks and valleys in our personal lives, but we are truly stoked to be releasing our second album, Reverence to Stone working again with 20 Buck Spin. We have certainly matured in our playing and writing, but we still worship tone and the heavy. Always have and always will… We thank everyone who has hung in there waiting for something new from us. We’ve done our best not to disappoint.”

On the actual recording process of Reverence To Stone, drummer Joe Axler supplied: “Recording at the legendary Soundhouse Studio in Seattle definitely helped make the tracking come out huge, as did working with Brandon Fitzsimons who is a heavy music veteran. Besides being able to find tones and a density we were 100% happy with we were also able to experiment with noise and extra percussion to round out an album were very excited to have completed.” Added Spinks: “Working with Brandon Fitzsimons was killer. He’s family and it just made for a very relaxed session. He is easy to work with, but also does the right thing by pushing you, in some ways, to do better. I really appreciated his involvement in the process. We kept it in the family, so to speak, and had Greg Wilkinson down at Earhammer master the thing. He got the dynamics perfect and really was able to hone in on the tone. It sounds huge. We are really stoked with the end results!”

Reverence To Stone will see the light of day on CD, LP and digital download on July 31st via Olympia-based 20 Buck Spin, the label also responsible for the release of SAMOTHRACE’s Life’s Trade LP in 2008. Following the release of the new LP the band will take to the road throughout North America. Stay tuned for a glimpse into the auditory surge fans should expect from the new album, more info on the band’s pending tour plans and more in the coming weeks."

http://www.earsplitcompound.com/site/20 ... r-release/

¿Posiblemente uno de los lanzamientos que más llevaba esperando desde hace años? Posiblemente SÍ, Samothrace son para mí una de las bandas más increíbles que me haya echado a la cara jamás por su capacidad de transmitir. Life's Trade era y sigue siendo una auténtica joya del Sludge/Doom más atmosférico y sentimental que pueda uno encontrarse, con temas lentos pero emotivos que te robaban el alma al primer instante. En principio parece que son sólo dos temas, pero quién sabe si el disco contendrá alguno más.

El 31 de Julio tendremos a Reverence To Stone copulando nuestros oídos, y no puedo esperar menos de ellos. Sólo sé que La Llorona fue un tema que quemé mucho en su momento por la cantidad de emociones que me transmitía, y que conseguía convertirme justo en lo que reza su título: una puta llorona. :lol:

Para que veáis (escuchéis):

Soulkiller

Clásico del Rock

26 Ene, 2011

Re: Samothrace - Reverence To Stone (2012) [Sludge/Doom/Post]

por Soulkiller » Mar Jun 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Por cierto, que la presentación en vinilo del Life's Trade siempre me ha parecido de las más bonitas que haya visto nunca, con ese toque "dorado" y elegante que tenía a través de 20 Buck Spin. No sé si lo seguirán teniendo ya.

Imagen

Kupak

Gran Maestro

24 May, 2008

Territorio enemigo

por Kupak » Mar Jun 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Minimalismo épico, me gusta el concepto.

LlaneroSolitario

Dios del Rock

12 Feb, 2007

por LlaneroSolitario » Mié Jun 20, 2012 3:16 am

El primero estaba bien pero me cansé rápido, tendré que darle otra escucha. Siempre me dio la impresión de que el primer tema era el más flojo y no tenía ganas de ponerlo.
no avatar

Jolocho Jolochov Joloch

Dios del Rock

22 Dic, 2011

por Jolocho Jolochov Joloch » Mié Jul 04, 2012 11:54 am

La Llorona me ha recordado demasiado a Sleep y a Year of no light. Y me he abstraído (en el sentido negativo: no he podido disfrutar el tema en sí).
Imagen
"Man this breakdown is so... INTENSE".

eraser-head

Gran Maestro

2 Abr, 2005

De procesión

por eraser-head » Mié Jul 04, 2012 5:31 pm

a mi me parecen la hostia, pero espero que sea mas largo que el primero, que se pasa volando

Soulkiller

Clásico del Rock

26 Ene, 2011

por Soulkiller » Mié Ago 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Disco mágico, como una continuación del Life's Trade, no cambia ni un ápice respecto al anterior lo cual significa que la calidad se mantiene y está asegurada, dos temas maravillosos más, llenos de sentimiento. Quizás el When We Emerged es el tema en donde más han metido influencia del Crust (porque en el anterior algo tenía, pero muy ínfimo, osea casi nada).

Top del año fijo.