Nuestros gustos musicales. Coméntanos sin exclusión pero recuerda que los demás foros también existen

D.E.P - 8/1/21 - Boni (Barricada)

Moderadores: zegers, fear57, Jason, Gorka

Sub-pop

Dios del Rock

15 Abr, 2008

Cerveceando.

Re: D.E.P (post general) - 11/3 Keith Emerson (ELP)

por Sub-pop » Jue Abr 21, 2016 8:48 pm

Otro para el hoyo, y ésta si que era completamente inesperada (de hecho pensaba que era la típica muerte twittera cuando lo vi): Prince.

Nowitzki

Gran Maestro

30 Mar, 2006

the blank planet

Re: D.E.P (post general) - 21/4 Prince

por Nowitzki » Dom May 22, 2016 4:38 pm

Imagen

Trickfew

Clásico del Rock

14 Abr, 2008

Puertollano (Ciudad Real)

por Trickfew » Dom May 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Joder, menudo año, ahora se nos va Nick Menza........... ha muerto con las botas puestas QEPD

Yakari

Gran Maestro

8 Sep, 2003

VdM (BCN)

por Yakari » Lun May 23, 2016 10:28 am

Una pena. DEP.
¿Ataque al corazón?

Nowitzki

Gran Maestro

30 Mar, 2006

the blank planet

por Nowitzki » Lun May 23, 2016 10:24 pm

Yakari escribió:Una pena. DEP.
¿Ataque al corazón?

Eso parece, y en plena actuación creo.
Imagen

Yakari

Gran Maestro

8 Sep, 2003

VdM (BCN)

por Yakari » Mié May 25, 2016 9:46 am

Bufff ... si eso he visto. Q chungo!

Zarquino

Dios del Rock

16 Ene, 2006

Re: D.E.P (post general) - 22/05 Nick Menza

por Zarquino » Mié May 25, 2016 11:44 pm

En este tipo de posts se hace un índice, pero pasando, evidentemente.

Me empieza a dar mal rollo supino...

rucius

Dios del Rock

29 Mar, 2004

madrid

por rucius » Jue May 26, 2016 11:18 am

Yakari escribió:Bufff ... si eso he visto. Q chungo!

Chungo para los espectadores, por que para él debió ser la mejor forma de morir, haciendo lo que más le gustaba. Murió con las botas puestas, vaya. D.E.P.
Imagen

CesarAguilar

Gran Maestro

17 May, 2012

Málaga

por CesarAguilar » Jue May 26, 2016 11:21 am

Este texto sobre la muerte de Menza está sacado del Facebook de Redemption:

Hello friends.
As you know, the incredibly talented Chris Poland was a key guest performer on our most recent album, The Art of Loss. I have seen Chris Poland's band Ohm play a fair number of times over the years, and it's always an incredible experience. The last few times have been after having worked with Chris, and I have had a small glimpse into the workings of the band. This included the addition of the extremely talented Nick Menza to the lineup after last year's tragic death of David Eagle, their former drummer.
I first saw Nick play with Ohm in January around the time of the NAMM convention. It was at a small music space that features jazz, fusion and other performances that are suitable for an intimate setting. I was intrigued to see what Nick -- a hard hitting drummer well known for his work in Megadeth -- would do in the setting of very busy and nuanced fusion music. The band was good; very good even. But they are perfectionists and they were not as tight as I know they wanted to be -- Chris told me as much -- and I could see Nick, who did a remarkably good job of playing with intricacy, was tired! He cramped up a couple of times. Nothing serious -- just the result of doing a lot of busy drumming.
It had been a few months since that performance, and when we filmed our video for the title track of The Art of Loss a few weeks back, Chris had mentioned they were going to be wood-shedding soon and then recording. So it was with tremendous expectation that I went last night, along with Redemption "sixth man" Andy Paredes, to see Ohm perform at their beloved club The Baked Potato in Studio City last night.
We settled into our seats immediately beside the stage, to Chris' right. I was about two feet from Chris's right elbow, and I had Andy sit on my right so he (another great guitarist) could get a bird's eye's view of Chris's mind boggling fretwork.
This left me with a great view of Nick Menza, who was maybe ten feet from me.
Nick came out looking fit. He light-heartedly adjusted (with his drumsticks over his head) the small spot lights on the stage before taking his place behind the kit. A moment later, Pag (the amazing bassist -- this guy must be seen to be believed) welcomed the audience and the set began.
For the next two songs, Nick CRUSHED the material with a nuance, technicality and ferocity that is an exceedingly rare combination. He brought the power of his playing in Megadeth to the ever changing meters and complexity of world class fusion. I was astounded. And in contrast to his performance in January, he was not winded in the least. He played with amazing strength and precision. There were no cramps -- just energy and musicianship. The band sounded so tight, it was insane.
I studied Nick -- he had broken a light sweat, but nothing that the spot lights themselves wouldn't have caused on their own. He had no redness in his face. He had no signs of distress. He was focused, energetic and smiling.
After two songs, Chris turned to me and we exchanged a word or two of small talk before the third song began. And it was then that Nick, who I think may have turned around to take a drink of water, slumped abruptly and awkwardly down.
We immediately knew something was wrong, but didn't know what. I called 911 along with one or two other patrons, while we helped clear his drums to the side in preparation for the EMTs to come. Two other patrons began administering CPR.
What happened next has been chronicled and was indeed more horrible than can be expressed.
It's important that the world know that Nick was an important musician, a dedicated father, and a stand up guy. I met him only once, and briefly, so it's not my place to comment on those matters -- I will leave that to those that knew him well, many of whom have already offered their thoughts, sympathies and prayers.
I cannot say I knew the man -- but I can say that his final performance was not the performance of a man with an ounce of uncertainty or weakness. It was an amazing performance, showing his versatility, commitment and talent. He was a very underrated drummer.
Redemption extends their deepest sympathies to the Menza family and to our friend Chris Poland. There are no real words to express our sadness at this horrible tragedy.
RIP Nick.
With deep respect,
Nick
El camino más aburrido entre dos puntos es la línea recta.

Wakibu

Gran Maestro

1 Sep, 2009

Bilbo

por Wakibu » Vie Nov 11, 2016 2:54 pm

RIP Leonard Cohen, un grande.

trot

Clásico del Rock

22 Nov, 2014

por trot » Lun Nov 14, 2016 6:11 pm

Wakibu escribió:RIP Leonard Cohen, un grande.

Me ha dado mucha pena lo de Cohen. Enorme.

Moderno

Gran Maestro

14 Feb, 2007

por Moderno » Mar Nov 15, 2016 12:18 am

También ha caído Pete Burns, éste me ha cogido por sorpresa y me ha dado mucha pena :cry: Este vídeo lo veíamos cuando salió mis colegas y yo todos los viernes antes de salir de fiesta y nos daba el subidón.

Sub-pop

Dios del Rock

15 Abr, 2008

Cerveceando.

por Sub-pop » Mié Dic 14, 2016 10:44 pm

Otro más: Greg Lake, ex-componente de King Crimson y Emerson, Lake and Palmer (en menos de un año sólo queda vivo Carl Palmer de éstos últimos).

Sub-pop

Dios del Rock

15 Abr, 2008

Cerveceando.

por Sub-pop » Sab Dic 24, 2016 6:52 pm

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Lun Dic 26, 2016 12:42 pm

Añadan a George Michael a la lista.

Joder, hasta el último día este año está siendo nefasto.
Imagen
AnteriorSiguiente