Bandas y grupos foráneos.

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

Howlin Rain - The Dharma Wheel (8 de octubre 2021)

por rearviewmirror » Vie Abr 06, 2018 5:56 pm

Imagen

Nuevo disco del genial Ethan Miller y su banda en el horizonte para dentro de unos meses. El anterior "Mansion Songs" fue bastante bajón respecto a su discografía, pero en este adelanto parece que remontan el vuelo. Una jam al más puro estilo Neil Young.

Última edición por rearviewmirror el Mié Jul 14, 2021 10:19 pm, editado 2 veces en total
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

Re: Howlin Rain - The Alligator Bride (8 de Junio)

por rearviewmirror » Dom Abr 08, 2018 11:05 am

Mensaje de Ethan.

Imagen

Friends ~ Much water has gone under the bridge since the last Howlin Rain record came out. In my wider musical family Heron Oblivion​ (who I am the bass player for)​ released our debut album on Sub Pop and a live album​ on our own imprint​. Feral Ohms​ (who I am the singer and guitarist for)​ also ​released our debut album (a live LP on Castle Face) and I released our studio debut on my record label Silver Current. I published two books of poetry and a 2 volume vinyl soundtrack​ of original compositions​ ​for​ the 2nd book of poetry under the moniker of The Odyssey Cult.
​ ​It has been a joyful and rather high​-​octane couple of years​, in the studio, on the road, in the jam space, listening to many test pressings, at the Silver Current art office printing away into the night, with pen in hand scratching away stories, lyrics and poems, and of course writing songs, writing songs and writing songs.
​ ​Somewhere ​along the way I ​have come upon a most excellent band of merry pranksters, or they came upon me... and together, we made Howlin Rain's 5th studio album called "The Alligator Bride."​
​ ​The sound ​and spirit ​of Howlin Rain music has always been dependent on the musicians that form the band for any given record. The new album "The Alligator Bride" is no different. This cast of colorful characters you see before you are the joyful noises of Howlin Rain and the new forthcoming album "The Alligator Bride." Jeff McElroy on bass, Dan Cervantes on guitar and Justin Smith on ​d​rums. It's a goddamn blast making H​R​ music with these guys. There is something of every previous incarnation of Howlin Rain in their expression as a band and yet they continue to lift HR up and push it forward onto new ​roads and new sounds​​.
​ ​All that is to say​:​​ I wanted to introduce you to the gentlemen behind these sounds, tell you a little something about the new record and​ I'm looking forward to sharing more music with you all soon, tour dates soon, lots of other good HR news and tales coming in hot down the way​ soon​.
​ ​For today, ​put your ears on the new single "Alligator Bride," the first sounds from our new LP out​ ​June 8th: https://www.npr.org/…/songs-we-love-howlin-rain-alligator-b…
To preorder the new record, the Self-Titled vinyl reissue or any of the other bands and releases mentioned here that you may have yet to grab or check out, hit it: https://silvercurrent.bandcamp.com
❤️❤️❤️E

Photo by Kristy Walker
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Jue Abr 26, 2018 5:41 pm

Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Jue May 31, 2018 7:42 pm

Este disco desde luego va a ser otra cosa respecto al anterior. Ganazas de escucharlo la semana que viene!
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Sab Jun 09, 2018 4:57 pm

Pues muy bien el disco. Ethan Miller vuelve por sus fueros después de la decepción de "Mansion Songs" con esas guitarras marcianas tan suyas. =D>
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Lun Jul 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Dom Jun 28, 2020 8:08 pm

Al loro con esto. Se viene disco de descartes y tiene pintaza :P

Imagen

Friends, we’re cracking open the vault! On December 1st, 2020, Howlin Rain will release a 1-hour & 19-minute double album of rarities and outtakes called “Lost at Sea: Rarities, Outtakes and Other Tales from the Deep” on 2-LP vinyl, CD, Cassette and Digital formats via Silver Current Records.

As a show of gratitude to our fan's dedicated and ongoing support of the band and label, Howlin Rain and Silver Current will make a complete, digital sneak-preview version of “Lost at Sea” available as a ‘Pay What You Want’ download exclusively on Bandcamp for one week only beginning next Friday, July 3rd on Bandcamp’s artist support/ fee-wave day.

“Lost at Sea” spans a decade of never before heard or released material including three epic outtakes from 2012’s “The Russian Wilds,” two outtakes from 2014’s “Live Rain,” as well as outtakes from “Mansion Songs,” “The Alligator Bride,” a 2011 exploitation film soundtrack theme and multiple tracks from an unreleased lost album recorded in “The Russian Wilds” summer of 2012 as a power trio with what is now the Once and Future Band rhythm section.

More release and content details to come ❤️✌🏽
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

Re: Howlin Rain - Lost At Sea (2020)

por rearviewmirror » Vie Jul 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Ya disponible en su bandcamp. Se puede descargar pagando la voluntad.

https://silvercurrent.bandcamp.com/albu ... m-the-deep
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Lun Jul 20, 2020 1:17 pm

Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Mié Jul 14, 2021 10:18 pm

Otros con disco nuevo para el otoño.

We are thrilled to announce our new studio album “The Dharma Wheel” out Oct 8 from @silvercurrent on limited edition vinyl, cd and digital: https://www.blixtmerchandise.store/howlin-rain

The 16 minute, first single “Dharma Wheel” premieres over at the great @mojo4music today ~ Listen: https://www.mojo4music.com/articles/new ... CHMxD9LnYc🦅

Imagen

Album art by the one and only @arikroper
Imagen

Richiefinestra

Clásico del Rock

5 Abr, 2017

Re: Howlin Rain - The Dharma Wheel (8 de octubre 2021)

por Richiefinestra » Jue Jul 15, 2021 8:39 am

Imagen

Y es que donde esten Comets On Fire...

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Jue Jul 15, 2021 7:28 pm

Nunca me he puesto con Comets On Fire, pero Howlin Rain cuando sacan las guitarras a pasear son la hostia... Si a la gente de por aquí no les va, pues bueno...
Imagen

Richiefinestra

Clásico del Rock

5 Abr, 2017

por Richiefinestra » Jue Jul 15, 2021 7:53 pm

Una acústica de Comets es death metal si entrara en un álbum de Howlin' Rain, que tienen clase pero son un refriting importante. Para una siesta vale, pero la banda madre era algo realmente novedoso y poderoso, esto es muy blandito, la típica música que pones de fondo mientras pelas unos tomates.

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Vie Sep 17, 2021 11:55 pm

Nueva canción.

Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Jue Oct 14, 2021 10:22 pm

Por fin he sacado tiempo para escucharlo y así de primeras muy bien. Howlin Rain en estado puro y todo concentrado en 6 canciones. El Prelude de 6 minutos me sobra un poco, pero el resto está genial.
Imagen
Siguiente