Bandas y grupos foráneos.

Fuel

Dios del Rock

15 Jun, 2008

Re: Elder - Omens (24 de Abril de 2020)

por Fuel » Mié Abr 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Nunca los había escuchado y el disco está bastante bien, tiene buenos momentos. No soy muy fan del metal progresivo, pero me ha parecido más atractivo de lo que suelo escuchar de ese género. Le daré más vueltas, a ver si me acaba entrando.

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Mié Abr 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Fuel escribió:Nunca los había escuchado y el disco está bastante bien, tiene buenos momentos. No soy muy fan del metal progresivo, pero me ha parecido más atractivo de lo que suelo escuchar de ese género. Le daré más vueltas, a ver si me acaba entrando.

Para lo complejos que son, entran bastante bien.

Si te mola el nuevo, vete a por los anteriores, sobre todo "Lore" que me parece uno de los mejores discos de la pasada década :wink:
Imagen

Fuel

Dios del Rock

15 Jun, 2008

por Fuel » Mié Abr 15, 2020 4:13 pm

rearviewmirror escribió:
Fuel escribió:Nunca los había escuchado y el disco está bastante bien, tiene buenos momentos. No soy muy fan del metal progresivo, pero me ha parecido más atractivo de lo que suelo escuchar de ese género. Le daré más vueltas, a ver si me acaba entrando.

Para lo complejos que son, entran bastante bien.

Si te mola el nuevo, vete a por los anteriores, sobre todo "Lore" que me parece uno de los mejores discos de la pasada década :wink:

Pues a por él iré, a ver si consigo ir introduciéndome en un subgénero que se me resiste.

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Vie May 01, 2020 11:43 am

Ahí os dejo la entrevista que hice con Nick DiSalvo para el número de Rockzone de este mes. Además les damos su primera portada en España: https://issuu.com/rockzonemag/docs/rz_169/34

Imagen
Imagen

7empest

Icono del Rock

7 Sep, 2019

por 7empest » Dom May 03, 2020 9:00 pm

Está bien pero de primeras no me ha gustado tanto como Reflections of a Floating World.

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Dom Oct 25, 2020 6:30 pm

Esta gente no pierde el tiempo. En abril entran a grabar nuevo disco =D>

Imagen

Half a year ago (well, yesterday) we released our last record Omens! Since then, we've played exactly zero shows and cancelled quite a few. Not exactly how we planned things, to say the least. The running joke with Stickman Records
is that the next record had better be called "Everything Is Going Perfect", just to be careful.

If there's one silver lining to taking a forced vacation from shows, it's been more time than usual to write music. This April we'll already be headed back to the studio to make our next album. Virus willing!

We've been getting quite a lot of emails from people who have ordered merch from our BigCartel shop wondering what's taking so long. While we can - as of Monday - ship to pretty much anywhere in the world again, delivery times have slowed to an absolute crawl. We appreciate everyone who continues to patiently support us. If you want to do that, the best way is to order directly from us or our labels (US: Armageddon Shop
, EU: Stickman Records
).

Be well and wash yer filthy mitts!
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Mar Mar 02, 2021 10:22 pm

Proyecto en solitario de Nick DiSalvo para mayo.

Nick DiSalvo (ELDER) To Release DELVING Solo-Album!

Imagen

Hirschbrunnen out this Spring on Stickman Records!

For many who lived through it, 2020 will forever be the year that time stopped. Especially for those who thrive in packed, sweaty environment – musicians, concertgoers, even humble record label operators – this led to some pretty fundamental changes in the way we spent our time. Enough with the platitudes: delving is a new project by Nick DiSalvo (better known as the frontman of Elder and one half of Gold & Silver) long in the making but finally taking off in this dreaded year where creativity was relegated exclusively to one’s own domain.

DiSalvo elaborates:

“I’m an almost obsessive songwriter, working on music every day and amassing a huge collection of song fragments and ideas that often don’t get the attention I’d like because of the time I spend with my main band. ‘Thanks’ to this pandemic, I’ve had plenty of time to pick up some of the songs I’ve written over the past years and finally make an album that I’ve been telling myself forever I’d do.

From my earliest moments as a musician, I have been obsessed with home recordings, begging my parents for a Tascam 4-track cassette recorder for Christmas when I was 12 and making my own albums. delving is a continuation of this creative spirit: experimenting all on my own, forgetting bands, fans and expectations and making whatever music I want to.”

The debut album Hirschbrunnen will be released in May 2021 through Stickman Records. It is a collection of songs that display a wide range of influences from psychedelic rock, early electronic music, 70’s prog as well as jazz and even ambient sounds – yet all with a distinct songwriting style that DiSalvo has come to be known for. The album was recorded, mixed and mastered by Richard Behrens and Emanuele Baratto at Big Snuff Studio.

Imagen

“Hirschbrunnen – “stag fountain” – is the colloquial name of a large fountain that presides over a large green area near where I live.“ DiSalvo continues. "For me, it’s been strange to see my world, which normally consists of a fair amount of travel and external stimuli, reduced to one city, one district, one block for so long. Frustrating as that is, you might start to find inspiration and surprising beauty in your everyday surroundings that you otherwise would have ignored. Just as all the music I make is influenced by my experiences, Hirschbrunnen is a product of this unique and strange time in which we all have been forced to delve more deeply into our own thoughts.”

With a pre-sale and more album details to follow in the weeks ahead, make sure to visit delving online at:

http://www.facebook.com/delvingmusic
http://www.instagram.com/delving_music
http://www.stickman-records.com/band/delving
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Vie Abr 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Primer adelanto de Delving, el proyecto en solitario de Nick DiSalvo.

Suena como unos Elder instrumentales pero con más cositas. Pinta bien, aunque la segunda mitad del tema se me hace un poco rollo...
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Vie May 14, 2021 12:01 pm

Nuevo adelanto del proyecto de Nick.

Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Lun May 31, 2021 1:52 pm

Este viernes 4 a las 21h harán un pequeño directo en streaming desde Youtube.

THIS FRIDAY: Elder live and Q+A!

It's been a year + since we released Omens and decided it was a damn shame that nobody has heard this material live yet, so we decided to wield technology and put together a short show for you all, recorded live between our members in Germany and the US.

With a hand from our amazing friends in @kadavargram, @grimenytheband and @vug.band along with the generous help of @zukunftostkreuz we've produced something like our first ever TV show, edited and underlaid with liquid light by @palantir_visuals. You won't want to miss it.

This stream is FREE. We want to thank you all for supporting us this past year. We'll preimere the video here, on FB and YouTube THIS FRIDAY at 9 PM CET / 3 PM EST / 12 PM PST. Obviously you should get to wherever you have the biggest screen, the best sound and smoke a fat doobie beforehand, if that's your thing.

See you there!
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Vie Jun 04, 2021 10:03 pm

Pues nada. Han tocado "In Procession" y "Halcyon" y ya está. Con los medios que tienen y estando 3 del grupo en un continente y el bajista en otro sin poder juntarse es todo lo que han podido hacer sin dejarse una pasta.

El resto, promocionar la salsa picante que acaban de sacar, entrevista comentando que llevan casi sin tocar desde que sacaron las "Silver & Gold Sessions", que a finales de este verano entrarán a grabar el nuevo disco y que cuando se puedan volver a juntar los 4 que les molaría hacer otro EP instrumental en plan jam.

Aquí lo podéis ver entero: https://www.facebook.com/elderofficial/ ... 1654533686
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Sab Jun 05, 2021 11:50 am

Ya en youtube.

Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Jue Jun 10, 2021 7:04 pm

Reseña del disco del Delving y entrevista de servidor a Nick DiSalvo: https://www.rockzonemag.com/delving-hirschbrunnen/
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Mié Sep 08, 2021 3:56 pm

En octubre del año que viene vendrán a Europa junto a Pallbearer. Aquí en Barcelona (AMFest) y Madrid (Okkult Session).

Imagen

We're beyond excited to announce our first new tour dates in way too long - and couldn't be happier to share the stage with Pallbearer and Irist on this upcoming European run in 2022.

Tickets are on sale now - links at http://www.beholdtheelder.com/elder-tour/

More shows are in the works for the US and beyond in 2022, stay tuned!

Artwork by Mercerrock (Brian Mercer Design)

22.09.2022 – DE – Berlin, SO36
23.09.2022 – DE – Leipzig, UT Connewitz
24.09.2022 – CZ – Prague, Futurum Music Bar
25.09.2022 – PL – Warsaw, Proxima
26.09.2022 – AT – Vienna, Arena
27.09.2022 – HU – Budapest, Dürer Kert
28.09.2022 – SI – Ljubljana, Orto Bar
30.09.2022 – DE – Munich, Feierwerk
01.10.2022 – CH – Pratteln, Up In Smoke Festival
02.10.2022 – IT – Milan, Circolo Magnolia
03.10.2022 – FR – Grenoble, L’Amperage
06.10.2022 – ESP – Barcelona, AMFest
08.10.2022 – PT – Porto, Amplifest
09.10.2022 – ESP – Madrid, Okkult Session 3
11.10.2022 – FR – Toulouse, Le Rex
12.10.2022 – FR – Montpellier, Rockstore
13.10.2022 – FR – Nantes, Le Ferrailleur
14.10.2022 – FR – Paris, Petit Bain
15.10.2022 – TBA
16.10.2022 – NL – Tilburg, 013
18.10.2022 – DK – Aarhus, VoxHall
19.10.2022 – NO – Oslo, Parkteatret
20.10.2022 – NO – Drammen, Union Scene
21.10.2022 – NO – Stavanger, Folken
22.10.2022 – NO – Bergen, Kulturhuset
25.10.2022 – SE – Stockholm, Slaktkyrkan
26.10.2022 – SE – Gothenburg, Pustervik
28.10.2022 – DK – Copenhagen, Pumpehuset
29.10.2022 – DE – Hamburg, Grünspan
30.10.2022 – TBA
31.10.2022 – DE – Dortmund, Junkyard
02.11.2022 – UK – Brighton, Chalk
03.11.2022 – UK – Bristol, The Fleece
04.11.2022 – UK – London, Earth
05.11.2022 – UK – Manchester, Damnation Festival

A todo esto, hace ya unas semanas que teminaron de grabar el próximo disco. Imagino que ya saldrá en 2022.
Imagen
Anterior