Thrice - Horizons (East&West)

Moderadores: zegers, fear57, Jason, Gorka

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

Re: Thrice - Nuevo disco

por rearviewmirror » Vie Jun 11, 2021 5:08 pm

Ahora que lo dices debe ser eso: disco y gira por los States.
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Vie Jun 11, 2021 11:38 pm

Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Sab Jun 19, 2021 9:02 am

Parecía que ayer iban a sacar un single nuevo y tampoco. Han hecho una especie de club de fans/patreon: https://thrice.net/alliance/
Imagen

KOL

Dios del Rock

8 Dic, 2010

por KOL » Sab Jun 19, 2021 10:12 am

The Alliance era el nombre de un club de fans, cuando vi el anuncio ya supuse que no seria single :lol:

Pero bueno, parece que la cosa se mueve y qie se vienen cositas
Imagen

The Berkerker: Fortor & Hidromel escribió:Jo sempre la tenc mostradora

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Lun Jun 21, 2021 7:07 pm

En otoño se van de gira con Touché Amoré y Jim Ward por los States.

Imagen

The sense of community and pure exhilaration of live music is something we’ve missed dearly over the past year and a half, so we’re beyond excited to get back on the road and play shows again. Sharing the stage with Touche Amore, Jim Ward, and Self Defense Family is an honor and a thrill, and having an opportunity to help fill the void we’ve all felt recently is something we’re truly grateful for. See below for ticket on-sale info.

-Pre-sale for paid Alliance members starts NOW at https://thrice.net/alliance-pre-sale
-Regular pre-sale is Wednesday at 9am PT/12pm ET
-General on-sale is Friday at 12pm local time
Imagen

KOL

Dios del Rock

8 Dic, 2010

por KOL » Lun Jul 05, 2021 9:02 pm

Parece que en tres dias graban video, estan pidiendo figurantes por IG, así que no tardaremos mucho a tener canción nueva.
Imagen

KOL

Dios del Rock

8 Dic, 2010

por KOL » Lun Jul 19, 2021 9:09 pm

Han colgado un teaser muy ambiental de que mañana se viene algo
Imagen

Maynard_James

Gran Maestro

26 Mar, 2006

Canarias

por Maynard_James » Mar Jul 20, 2021 5:21 pm

Horizons/East el 17 de septiembre.

Seguramente haya mas info pero ahora misno no puedo completarla.

KOL

Dios del Rock

8 Dic, 2010

por KOL » Mar Jul 20, 2021 5:55 pm

Ostia puta me ha encantado la canción, es 100% Thrice pero con un tono que no se lo habia visto nunca, como el disco siga esta linea compro muy fuerte
Imagen

KOL

Dios del Rock

8 Dic, 2010

por KOL » Mar Jul 20, 2021 6:38 pm

Horizons/East track listing:
"The Color Of The Sky"
"Scavengers"
"Buried In The Sun"
"Northern Lights"
"Summer Set Fire To The Rain"
"Still Life"
"The Dreamer"
"Robot Soft Exorcism"
"Dandelion Wine"
"Unitive/East"

Estoy haciendo esfuerzos para no quemar el single, qué temazo
Imagen

KOL

Dios del Rock

8 Dic, 2010

por KOL » Mar Jul 20, 2021 6:46 pm

La nota de prensa es fumada gorda, pero parece que recuperan un poquito el rollo conceptual.

Orange County, CA – Returning with their 11th studio album, the dynamic and explorative California-based rock band Thrice announce Horizons/East, out September 17 via Epitaph Records on streaming platforms. The album exemplifies art as a work of recognition — the human task of perceiving oneself amid details, disasters, and blessings as a relentlessly relational phenomenon among others. In this, Horizons/East is the rare rock album on which interrelatedness is a theme, painting an adventurous and lush landscape mixed by Scott Evans that the band self-produced and recorded at their own New Grass Studio.

The powerful new single, “Scavengers” is out today here. Over a dark and intricate braiding of guitar and drum grooves, the lyrics challenge us to discern the issues and information that bonds us versus what disintegrates and destroys. For vocalist Dustin Kensrue, the song is – but also kind of isn’t – a thing of the past. Whether lost in a media diet that is essentially a disinformation pipeline or, relatedly, trapped in fear of a future of eternal conscious pain, Kensrue speaks of “toxic worldviews I once inhabited,” and in truth, “a lot of people that I love are still in that place.”

To emerge from a global pandemic with a renewed sense of situational awareness, hard won insight, and a new album is the kind of move we’ve come to expect from Thrice over the last twenty years. With Horizons/East, Kensrue and his bandmates address, with candor and courage, the fragile and awkward arrangements that pass for civilization, while inviting us to dwell more knowingly within our own lives. Without surrendering any of the energy and hard edge of their previous albums, they’ve given us a profoundly meditative work, which serves as a musical summons to everyday attentiveness.

Some of the writing even began with open-ended challenges that the band laid on themselves like building a song using the quartal chords they found in much of the jazz they loved, or taking the Fibonacci sequence and turning it into a guitar riff.

Thrice seems ever eager to step out into these spaces unknown to them, unsure of where their feet will land, and this new record is no exception. Horizons/East is a soundtrack for deeper dreaming.
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Mar Jul 20, 2021 7:15 pm

El single bien pero sin volarme la cabeza. Buen mediotiempo en su línea.

Si tengo que guiarme por esto, me espero un disco en la línea de los últimos. Que estará bien, correcto y demás... pero está claro que su mejor nivel ya lo dieron hace tiempo.
Imagen

roots

Gran Maestro

2 Sep, 2008

war for territory

por roots » Mar Jul 20, 2021 8:43 pm

Los tengo un poco olvidados (el último creo que ni lo llegué a escuchar), pero la canción me ha entrado bien. Y la portada también me gusta.
Imagen
Nunushka escribió:Eso es falta de creatividad? 17 temas!!

Maynard_James

Gran Maestro

26 Mar, 2006

Canarias

por Maynard_James » Mar Jul 20, 2021 9:15 pm

A mí me ha gustado bastante. Me parece una buena carta de presentación.

Wakibu

Gran Maestro

1 Sep, 2009

Bilbo

por Wakibu » Mar Jul 20, 2021 10:13 pm

Tal vez me esté columpiando un poco, pero este single está en el top 5 de canciones que más me gustan desde Beggars. Además me ha dado vibes de ese álbum.
AnteriorSiguiente