Bandas y grupos foráneos.

JD McPherson - Undivided Heart & Soul (6 Octubre)

Moderadores: zegers, fear57, Jason, Gorka

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

JD McPherson - Undivided Heart & Soul (6 Octubre)

por rearviewmirror » Mar Ago 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Imagen

Otro disco que apuntar en rojo para la vuelta de las vacaciones. JD McPherson es uno de los máximos exponentes contemporáneos del rock and roll con sabor clásico pero sabiendo darle una visión actual. Sus dos discos hasta la fecha son auténticas joyas, de hecho "Let The Good Times Roll" fue de mis álbumes favoritos de 2015. Así que me espero lo mejor de su tercer largo que lleverá por nombre "Undivided Heart & Soul".

Imagen
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

Re: JD McPherson - Undivided Heart & Soul (6 Octubre)

por rearviewmirror » Dom Sep 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Otro adelanto que pinta de maravilla.

Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Vie Sep 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Uno más.

Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Mié Oct 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Mié Oct 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Un par de escuchas y me parece buen disco, pero me temo que se queda por debajo de los dos anteriores.
Imagen

gorkarelo

Clásico del Rock

25 Oct, 2009

por gorkarelo » Mié Oct 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Yo con los adelantos la verdad es que le tengo ganillas al disquito este

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Jue Oct 26, 2017 9:53 pm

Muy buena actuación en el programa de Conan O'Brien: http://teamcoco.com/video/jd-mcpherson- ... red-videos
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Jue Nov 02, 2017 7:34 pm

Mi crítica sobre el nuevo álbum: https://issuu.com/rockzonemag/docs/rz141/76
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Vie Nov 10, 2017 7:46 pm

Gira europea en Marzo. De momento nada por aquí.

Imagen
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Mar Nov 28, 2017 9:13 pm

Imagen

gorkarelo

Clásico del Rock

25 Oct, 2009

por gorkarelo » Mié Nov 29, 2017 12:07 am

A mi la verdad es que me parece un disco resultón, se lo escucha uno ricamente oye

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Mié Nov 29, 2017 5:36 pm

A mi me gusta, pero menos que los anteriores. "Let The Good Times Roll" era demasiado bueno.
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Lun Dic 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Al final le tendremos por aquí en Marzo! :D

Imagen
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Dom Ene 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Otro vidrioclip.

Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Sab Dic 04, 2021 10:07 am

Malas noticias. Se le van tres miembros de la banda, incluido Jimmy Sutton :(

Ahora parece que está ocupado como guitarrista de Robert Plant y Alison Krauss. Ojalá nuevo disco pronto.
Imagen

An important message to the fans:

If you attended one of the handful of shows I’ve played this year, you noticed some changes on the stage. Some familiar faces were missing.

Through the course of the break, three members of my long-time touring band gave notice that they’d be moving on to other things.

It’s taken me a long time to process this. I’m still workin’ on it. It all happened during an already confusing time.

I consider this lineup to be one of the best live bands on the planet. They breathed life into my songs that I never dreamed possible! We made truly raucous, joyous music together across three continents, mugged on TV shows we grew up watching, slithered uphill in the mud with our amps at Glastonbury, made music with our heroes, and put smiles on a lot of faces. A touring band experiences highs and lows. Sometimes you’re a tin of sardines, and sometimes you’re experiencing the very best of what life can offer.

There’s a million things I want to say, but the most salient point would be - I am filled with gratitude to these three gentlemen for making my professional and artistic life over the last 10 years a very fulfilled one. I cherish our time together and relish in our accomplishments. I have a lot of happy memories.

I’d like you to keep up with everyone:

Jason is currently drumming and touring with his amazingly talented son, McKinley James, who I’ve known since he was knee-high to a grasshopper. Jason has a shuffle like no other. There is no one in the world that HITS HARDER with a traditional grip. I wrote songs specifically because Jason was the drummer. I’ve never met a harder worker than Jason Smay.

Ray has been flourishing, playing keys for the amazing Yola and the Black Keys, in addition to lots of session work. Ray had become my primary cowriting partner. He understood my quirks and desire to mash genres, and we had very similar musical taste. “Hunting For Sugar” was written with Ray, and in my opinion, it’s the best song I’ve recorded.

My longest musical relationship has been with Jimmy Sutton. He produced my first record while I was still a schoolteacher. He taught me so much about music and about myself. Making my first record was an absolute joy, and a very exciting time. The ideas were there, fully formed, right from inception. We got each other. We wanted to treat the music we loved as a living, growing thing, not as a museum piece. A lot of people got that, some people didn’t. There is no one else on the planet who does that thing he does. He is honestly one of the best stage performers I’ve ever witnessed, and I got to play with him. I will forever be grateful to Mr. Sutton as my usher into a larger world. Jimmy has left to spend more time with his growing family, to focus on his music production work, artwork, record label, and other ventures. I’ll likely be posting more about him soon.

All three of these men are family to me, and I wish the absolute best for all of them.

Now, what comes next? In a nutshell:

Doug and I have been very, very busy. We’re about to head out on a Socks tour, the first tour in a good long while, along with some of my favorite musicians who have lended their talents to make this tour happen. My friend, constant collaborator, and original drummer Alex Hall is joining us, which has been a pleasure.

We’ve been recording a lot, which you’ll be hearing about shortly. We’ll be recording even more next year.

Alison Krauss & Robert Plant have been keeping me pretty busy lately. More on that later.

I wish all of you a very happy holiday season. See you soon!
Your pal,
JD
Imagen