ImagenImagen

madball

Clásico del Rock

20 Sep, 2006

no está nada claro

Re: AS I LAY DYING (Nuevo Álbum)

por madball » Lun Jun 18, 2018 10:32 am

mxkarp escribió:A ver que dicen...

Estoy en el curro y no puedo oirlo, pero estan serios de cojones, da la impresión que estan pasando un mal rato.
Imagen

Eyeless

Gran Maestro

17 Ene, 2004

por Eyeless » Lun Jun 18, 2018 11:14 am

Para el que quiera leer y no le apetezca ponerse le vídeo...TOCHAZO aviso

Spoiler: Mostrar
The chat finds all members of the band sharing their feelings on the situation, though no mention is made of Lambesis‘ ex-wife and her feelings on the matter. Lambesis opened up the discussion, offering:

“So there’s, there’s a lot of awareness of things that happened very recently in music and stuff. And then last year there’s an awareness of the public apology in my expression of remorse.

But behind all that there was the individual conversations we had and it was for me, expressing more remorse publicly. It’s one like one thing and that will be shown very slowly over time, people have to kind of get to know and see if they can trust that I was sincere or not.

But in terms of individual conversations, those went back even a year and a half before the public apology, almost two years before that. And those conversations were much more in-depth than anything we could ever like explain, you know even just this discussion or a written public statement or anything like that.

So, I first reached out to Jordan and Josh because I felt like that was just… I had to start somewhere and I felt like that seemed the most natural place for me. And I reached out to them in an email a long time ago and the first individual conversations we had were mainly me listening so that I could better express my apology for the ways that everything… Like I guess what the concept I talked about, the ripple effect.

There’s the obvious wrongdoings that I made and there’s the little ways that they sort of spread out beyond that and hurt people in so many ways that like I really wasn’t entirely aware until I got home.

And those conversations kicked off and I was sort of better able to understand what they’d been through and I think more sincerely apologize because of that.”

Later in the conversation guitarist Phil Sgrosso talked about how the band’s relationship with Lambesis was fractured before his arrest:

“What happened in 2013 wasn’t like the start of the end of our relationship. It was like years before that and finally it was like when this happened, as terrible as it was, I felt like a sense of relief that I don’t have to do this band anymore. Like I don’t have to be so angry about a lot of things that are going on.

And, so it took me going through that and then being like ‘what I am going to do?’ ‘What are the rest of us going to do?’ And just kind of set out to keep doing music. however we could.

And when you went to jail it seemed like a peaceful period for us. We didn’t have to deal with you. We didn’t have to deal with any sort of manipulation, didn’t have to resent you.

But every little thing that came out, whether it was an interview after your sentencing, it was just like all of us were like fueled by this hatred of like ‘God, even when you’re not in our lives, we’re still being affected by it and will continue to be affected by it.’

So it put a lot of strain on other relationships amongst us as well. Because Nick and I didn’t really process our problems either in the most responsible way, so our relationship was deteriorating. So when I heard that you were getting out of jail. All of us were just on edge. Our community was on edge of just like ‘What is this guy going to be up to, now?’

Not just our local community, the music community, everywhere. Because we were all touring around and people, our friends in other states, countries, would be talking about stuff. Everyone was like ‘What is going to happen?’

And you I try, we all tried avoiding those things as much as possible. And I said ‘I will never do that band again. I will never play music with that guy again.’ Why would I? I was already enjoying playing with musicians that weren’t putting a strain on my life…”

Guitarist Nick Hipa also went on to state that Lambesis‘ emotional statement at this sentencing had originally changed his opinion of him. Though that changed soon after when this interview was released. Lambesis later explained that the interview in question with Alt Press was recorded prior to his sentencing and that he had changed personally as the case progressed. Hipa said of that time:

“An interview came out that was just one long excuse. There was no ownership, it was just ‘I did this for all these reasons and there everyone else kind of led me to this.’ And that’s the moment that whatever shred of empathy I had for him turned into blind hatred. I was like this dude went too far down that dark road and he’s never coming back. And he almost fooled me once, but he’ll never fool me again…”

Hipa later went on to explain the strained relationship that developed between him and Sgrosso and how Sgrosso‘s departure from their shared venue they own, as well as Wovenwar and more, led to additional resentment—which Hipa also in part blamed Tim for. He further added that the constant speculation on Tim and questions in interviews and the like were overshadowing his own work and were “destroying him,” fueling his own hate even more. Eventually they led to him stopping doing interviews altogether.

Hipa also revealed how he resisted Lambesis‘ continued pleas to meet up for quite some time. He went on to say that when he did eventually relent and meet up with him, he laid into Lambesis with years of resentment for his actions. Though it was how Lambesis had carried himself in the face of all that gave him a change of heart:

“It took all of those years, him facing punishment, the consequences for his actions. Living in the ruin that he made for himself and also acknowledging that it would never end. What he did was very public and it would never be forgotten and it shouldn’t. But that’s part of what he has to endure for the rest of his life. But when I saw who he was and who he had genuinely become, I let go of that, and I wanted to let go of it.

Because I had never handled it… I let that pain and that hurt and that hopelessness… I let it become my life force in the form of hatred. And I used that as my strength for all those years but it devastated me on the inside.”

Lambesis also spoke of how he handled his arrest, sentencing and incarceration:

“Immediately after I had been arrested I went into this mode of just like ‘How do I kind of survive this situation?’ And you hire people, you find the best attorney who knows how to put together the best defense and all these people are speaking on your behalf. The mentality is like defend, defend.

I definitely bought into that and that influenced the person I was while awaiting my sentencing. There was that person Nick had all those hard feelings about. He was right, so it was literally leading up to the actual sentencing. That was the timeline of when I had said all those things [in the Alt Press interview.] Those things had been said and recorded, to come out sometime later after my sentencing.

Then my sentencing happened and my moment in the courtroom was true and genuine, but I didn’t have any ability to follow up with it in any way. So the way that Nick viewed it made absolute sense to me when he explained it to me. I get that because how insincere does that seem? I’m in tears in this courtroom and then you read this statement by me that says something opposite of that.

And then there was such an unbelievable sense of relief after my sentencing of like, defense is no longer in my vocabulary. I don’t defend what I did because there’s no defense for it…”

He later stated: “All I can do is just make amends where possible, express my remorse and… just put my energy into something positive.” Lambesis went on to say that he views his and the band’s return to be an ongoing process, offering:

“…I’m not in a rush to handle this all today. I just have to be… If I’m genuinely confident in the person I’ve become I’ve just got to be myself over a long period of time.

You know in like two years from now, maybe there’s a portion of people that say ‘You know what? Ok, I’ve seen it consistently over time.’ And there’s definitely going to be a portion of people that are like ‘It doesn’t matter.’ It could be 20 years from now, I’m not ever going to give these guys a chance. And that’s fine, I have to accept that.”
Didn't read lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImagenImagen

mxkarp

Clásico del Rock

23 Ene, 2017

por mxkarp » Lun Jun 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Dos de ellos se echan a llorar un poco mientras explican lo que pasó, a Nick Hipa es al que se le ve más afectado.
Espero que al menos el otro se arrepienta de verdad y haga lo que sea por cambiar todo, porque si no duran dos días como banda

Eyeless

Gran Maestro

17 Ene, 2004

por Eyeless » Mar Jun 19, 2018 11:17 am

Comentarios de un fan que fue al concierto...

"For all those with questions and wonder what will be, I hope I can give some clarity and answers. First off, this show sold out in less than 5 minutes and was only open to a couple hundred people. This is how AILD wanted it. Second off, I want to say how grateful and kind these guys were to hangout and visit their fans who waited outside for them after the show. Every band member came, signed autographs, took pics, gave hugs and literally shook every persons hand and thanked everyone for coming out to support them. They said this show was to just have fun and get back together to get a feel for everything and shake off the cobwebs (in context). Josh, Nick & Phil were even emotional talking to everyone afterwards and were very understanding that the fan base has continued to be supportive and is still very much alive and had reciprocal feelings. Jordan explained none of them thought it would end up as it did selling out and in such quick time and continue to be grateful for all the support. Tim opened up to all questions regarded to everything including stating that he’s enrolled in college and working a regular job that’s geared towards helping others who are struggling with personal issues. All of them said that this is a very slow process and not to expect much as of now and as fans and on a humanly moral level we should all respect that. They said they only rehearsed for 5 days before the show. They DID NOT play their newest single for reasons unknown and are taking this as a stepping stone for the future. AILD fans, this was a show “for fun” and we shouldn’t expect anything anytime soon and I just want to let everyone know, each one of them were very sincere, positive and thankful for those who came out to the show to show support and we should all take a positive step forward with them and respect them as humans and not as figures of a business that the media can portray in multiple ways that don’t accurately characterize them. Tim stated he wanted to pursue his career in outreach and I hope he graduates with Honors with his degrees and the other bandmates continue pursuing success with their bands. This may be the last and final show of As I Lay Dying. For me, it was the first time I’ve ever seen them, being a fan for over 15 years, but boy they all looked like they were having fun again up there.... AILD, for those who still support you, believe in second chances and believe that people are capable of change, we wish you nothing but success in life to you all and we’ll always have you backs!

Jordan Specifically told me that they wanted to keep the tickets as cheap as possible. They were $10 and the bands major concern was scalpers, he said for example someone selling them for over $500 on eBay which they teamed up with the label and Soma and were able to get some of those taken down. He and the rest of the band told us it was all for fun. Even Tim was asked about the “comeback” & basically said the media’s have their own agendas and speculations about the band “like it’s for money” which he downplayed. It was very clear from each band member that this was just a show for fun and just to play together in front of a crowd again, not to initiate another album or tour to follow. So don’t get yourself over hyped and expect anything anytime soon from the band. And that’s a paraphrase of what was said."
ImagenImagen

Diego_teksuo

Clásico del Rock

6 Sep, 2012

por Diego_teksuo » Mar Jun 19, 2018 12:05 pm

No me lo creo. Gira en 3 meses fijo

Eyeless

Gran Maestro

17 Ene, 2004

por Eyeless » Mar Jun 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Eso está claro, es cuestión de tiempo jajaja. Yo digo que el disco saldrá a mediados de 2019 y este año ya un par de conciertos.
ImagenImagen

madball

Clásico del Rock

20 Sep, 2006

no está nada claro

por madball » Mié Jun 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Diego_teksuo escribió:No me lo creo. Gira en 3 meses fijo

Que dios te oyga, hermano
Imagen

kam1kaze

Clásico del Rock

12 Oct, 2006

Raccon City

por kam1kaze » Jue Jun 21, 2018 12:51 pm

Yo tampoco me lo creo, es cuestión de tiempo. El próximo año disco xD

mxkarp

Clásico del Rock

23 Ene, 2017

por mxkarp » Vie Jul 06, 2018 11:41 am

kam1kaze

Clásico del Rock

12 Oct, 2006

Raccon City

por kam1kaze » Vie Abr 05, 2019 4:15 pm

12.10.19 Spain Barcelona @ Apolo
13.10.19 Spain Madrid @ La Riviera

=D> =D>

Imagen

Eyeless

Gran Maestro

17 Ene, 2004

por Eyeless » Mié Abr 10, 2019 9:47 pm

El viernes nuevo tema, ''redefined''.
ImagenImagen

mxkarp

Clásico del Rock

23 Ene, 2017

por mxkarp » Jue Abr 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Tiene toques muy guapos, pero inferior al anterior single. Le daría un 8,94 de puntuación :lol:

Venga, que saquen disco ya

Eyeless

Gran Maestro

17 Ene, 2004

por Eyeless » Vie Abr 12, 2019 10:04 am

Exactamente más de lo mismo. Es como si el tiempo no hubiese pasado.
ImagenImagen
AnteriorSiguiente