Jamie Lenman - Shuffle (2019)

Moderadores: zegers, fear57, Jason, Gorka

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

Re: Jamie Lenman - Devolver

por rearviewmirror » Jue Ago 22, 2019 12:50 am

Hace no mucho ha sacado disco nuevo. Aquí la crítica: https://www.rockzonemag.com/jamie-lenman-shuffle/
Imagen

Frapu

Gran Maestro

13 Dic, 2007

por Frapu » Jue Ago 22, 2019 8:56 am

Lo vi hace poco me quedé super descolocado. Se supone que es un disco de "versiones" o material nuevo, o una mezcla o qué? :-k

tanoka

Gran Maestro

3 Nov, 2003

En algún lugar de Mandril

por tanoka » Jue Ago 22, 2019 9:52 am

Frapu escribió:Lo vi hace poco me quedé super descolocado. Se supone que es un disco de "versiones" o material nuevo, o una mezcla o qué? :-k

Creo que es una mezcla, pero no me ha quedado nunca claro (y eso que le sigo en redes sociales).
Imagen

meneillos

Gran Maestro

15 Abr, 2009

por meneillos » Jue Ago 22, 2019 10:16 am

se escuchará a la mayor brevedad

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Jue Ago 22, 2019 11:05 am

Por lo que tengo entendido es un disco de versiones.
Imagen

meneillos

Gran Maestro

15 Abr, 2009

por meneillos » Lun Sep 23, 2019 3:51 pm

es un "disco de versiones" (aunque no estrictamente versiones de canciones*, pero merece mucho la pena, y no podría tener mejor título :lol:

Continuously pushing the envelope as an artist and never one for conventional norms, Jamie Lenman is back on the 5th July to release Shuffle, an album that at its very heart is a covers album.

Exploring the idea of the ‘shuffle’, where the listener goes on a journey of their own choosing, Jamie explores the notion of skipping through a variety of media picking out favourites and stumbling upon interesting curveballs to create a playlist unique to the listener. Shuffle is Jamie’s ambitious artistic take on this idea.

With producer Space (Idles, Black Futures) returning to realise this vision, the album is not only limited to reimagined songs – it covers television themes, film scores, and the music from his favourite video game. It’s not even limited to music – there is a cover of a chapter from his favourite book and a scene from a short film, in his debut acting performance with his favourite actor (none other than Paul McGann - Doctor Who/Withnail and I).

We’ll leave the last word to Jamie himself:

"I’ve always wanted to make a covers record and some of these versions have been in the works for many years, so this was a real career goal for me".

"I feel like the phrase ‘covers album’ has become a bit of a dirty word, which is odd - they’re a vital part of our musical landscape. Some of my favourite records are cover albums – Annie Lennox’s Medusa, Johnny Cash’s American, even those early records by the Beatles and The Specials were mostly covers, and still utterly their sound. For me, this album has been a dream come true - total creative freedom, a chance to push myself into terrifying new territories. There are so many parts of it that I still can't believe we actually managed to achieve, from singing in ancient languages to acting with one of my heroes and so much more besides. I can't wait for everyone to hear it!”

Imagen

Abe

Novato

1 Abr, 2020

Re: Jamie Lenman - Shuffle (2019)

por Abe » Mié Abr 01, 2020 12:39 pm

tanoka

Gran Maestro

3 Nov, 2003

En algún lugar de Mandril

Re: Jamie Lenman - Shuffle (2019)

por tanoka » Jue Abr 02, 2020 8:50 am