Bandas y grupos foráneos.

Richiefinestra

Clásico del Rock

5 Abr, 2017

Re: Svalbard - It's Hard To Have Hope (2018).

por Richiefinestra » Dom May 27, 2018 2:48 pm

:D Pues me alegro que os haya gustado, el disco lo estoy disfrutando mucho la verdad.

alvaroantipodas

Icono del Rock

18 Jul, 2016

Arcos de la Frontera

por alvaroantipodas » Mar Jul 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Un poco tarde, por diversos motivos, pero he aquí mi crítica del disco. Más vale tarde que nunca que se suele decir :roll:

https://diablorock.com/2018/07/10/criti ... hope-2018/

Wakibu

Gran Maestro

1 Sep, 2009

Bilbo

por Wakibu » Mar Jul 07, 2020 1:48 pm

Se viene el tercer discos de estos cracks. When I Die, Will I Get Better? para el 25 de Septiembre.

Imagen

Tracklist:
01. Open Wound
02. Click Bait
03. Throw Your Heart Away
04. Listen To Someone
05. Silent Restraint
06. What Was She Wearing?
07. The Currency of Beauty
08. Pearlescent

Spoiler: Mostrar
SVALBARD return with their third album, When I Die, Will I Get Better?, due out via Holy Roar Records on September 25. Having lost none of their gut-punching energy, the four-piece have redefined post-metal and delivered an emotive opus for the ages; an eight track anthology of personal and societal highs and lows.

Each track tells a tale, putting one topic or one incident under vocalist and lyricist, Serena Cherry’s thoughtful gaze; she picks at the scabs to reveal another raw piece of the overall creative puzzle beneath. Written across several months in 2019 and early 2020 the chronology takes a myriad of twists and turns, through inner turmoil, personal reflection, and external observations. Inspiration is spun out of the day-to-day as much as it is out of extreme moments of anguish or clarity. With themes of sexism, misogyny, abuse and mental health at the core of the oeuvre, When I Die, Will I Get Better? is a shadowy ride through the author’s psyche.

The first track, Open Wound, drenches the heavy metal foundations of the album in melancholic melody that pervades each and every effervescent track thereafter. The shimmering guitars lend an expansive and bittersweet sound to the songs, reminiscent of the likes of Envy, Alcest and Oathbreaker. Having polished up a few of the rougher edges found on earlier releases, the overall sound is one of a band hitting a more mature stride whilst retaining the vibrancy that makes them so unique, both live and on record.

SVALBARD have used autumnal colours in the artwork to represent the feeling of change, and of darkness creeping in - but also the warmth and the glow of hope - the outer packaging reflecting the sentiments of the music within. Whilst the thematic content is often harrowing, the album is flecked through with shards of hope, which bloom into what can only be described as a love song on album closer, Pearlescent. The stag on the cover symbolizes both strength and fear, in the sense that it cuts an imposing figure with its antlers, yet it remains often in danger and preyed upon.

Taking the title from a stumbled-upon book (which features an apt subtitle of ‘A Book About Healing’), SVALBARD have designated a triple-pronged meaning to the words. One interpretation being the feeling of struggling with mental health and leaning towards wondering if death might be a cure for the inescapable pain. A second elucidation being the phenomenon of people being put upon a pedestal after death, something particularly prevalent in celebrity culture. The third relates to the idea of heaven; of people believing in the bribe that they will be rewarded in the afterlife for behaving a certain way during their time on earth. The amalgamation of these three threads creates a tapestry of emotions hung on the framework of one of the most essential albums of 2020.

Ojo al PUTO TEMAZO :o

Wakibu

Gran Maestro

1 Sep, 2009

Bilbo

por Wakibu » Jue Ago 13, 2020 4:15 pm

Tremendo lo de estos tíos =D>

chiquetete

Dios del Rock

13 Feb, 2004

Basauri city

por chiquetete » Jue Sep 10, 2020 8:16 pm

Un poco de salseo. Svalbard y Rolo Tomassi se dan el piro de Holy Roar despues de unas acusaciones de abuso sexual a su presidente.

https://www.punknews.org/article/73295/founder-of-holy-roar-resigns-amid-sexual-assault-allegations-more-bands-cut-ties-with-label

Wasted

Dios del Rock

23 Feb, 2011

por Wasted » Sab Sep 12, 2020 1:51 pm

El resto de la plantilla también se ha largado.

Hachazo

Dios del Rock

30 Abr, 2011

Estudiante

por Hachazo » Jue Sep 24, 2020 9:02 am

Disponible!!
Imagen
Viven en casas de oro y de cristal, nada les kita el sueño! hijosdeputa!

Richiefinestra

Clásico del Rock

5 Abr, 2017

por Richiefinestra » Jue Sep 24, 2020 9:18 am

Me ha gustado la nueva canción. Luego me lo bajo, el Hope me gustó muchísimo. Al hilo de lo de Holy Roar, ¿Se sabe donde caerán Bastions y si van a sacar disco? Con Rolo son la banda que mas me gusta del sello sodomizador (vaya tela -sic-).

tanoka

Gran Maestro

3 Nov, 2003

En algún lugar de Mandril

por tanoka » Jue Sep 24, 2020 2:47 pm

Así de primeras me ha gustado.
Imagen

Wakibu

Gran Maestro

1 Sep, 2009

Bilbo

por Wakibu » Vie Sep 25, 2020 11:57 am

Pues otro discazo pa la saca de los ingleses. Sonido oscuro como de costumbre en ellos, aunque cada vez incorporando más pasajes luminosos y voces melódicas. Muy bien =D>

theblackriver

Estrella del Rock

22 Oct, 2014

por theblackriver » Vie Oct 02, 2020 10:03 am

Con el anterior me pasaba que el principio muy bien y luego se iba desvaneciendo. Este mantiene el nivel todo el rato, muy bien! =D> =D>

rif

Icono del Rock

30 Oct, 2010

por rif » Mié Dic 16, 2020 6:54 pm

Poco se habla de esta gente, y a mí, cada disco que sacan más me gusta.

krater

Gran Maestro

19 May, 2003

por krater » Mié Dic 16, 2020 7:38 pm

Uno de los discos del año sin ninguna duda

rif

Icono del Rock

30 Oct, 2010

por rif » Mié Dic 16, 2020 7:51 pm

Espero verlo entonces en la lista de lo mejor del año de Zona-Zero. :mrgreen:

CesarAguilar

Gran Maestro

17 May, 2012

Málaga

por CesarAguilar » Mié Dic 16, 2020 7:55 pm

Está bien, pero cuando llevo cinco o seis temas se me empieza a hacer bola.
El camino más aburrido entre dos puntos es la línea recta.
AnteriorSiguiente