Bandas y grupos foráneos.

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown (12 Enero 2018)

por rearviewmirror » Jue Oct 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Imagen

Se acaba de anunciar su fichaje por Nuclear Blast y que el próximo año habrá nuevo disco con Pepper. Estupenda noticia! :D

CORROSION OF CONFORMITY sign to Nuclear Blast Entertainment!

Nuclear Blast Entertainment is pleased to announce the worldwide signing of metal legends Corrosion Of Conformity.

The band will enter the studio late this winter/early spring with longtime producer John Custer. Custer has recorded such prior C.O.C. classics as Deliverance, Wiseblood, America's Volume Dealer and In The Arms Of God. The as-of-yet-untitled-album will mark the band's studio reunion with vocalist/guitarist Pepper Keenan and their first full-length record since 2005.

Says Keenan about the new partnership:
"To all the C.O.C. fans worldwide, Mike, Reed, Woody and I are proud to announce that we are starting our next sonic adventure with Nuclear Blast Entertainment! We are honored and psyched to be a part of the Blasted Family, both professionally and artistically. After all these years, its truly inspiring to reawaken the chemistry that the four of us have. We are seriously fucking with our pants off now! We do not take this journey lightly and cannot wait to return to the studio to drop Ze' Hammer! All of this would not be possible without the global support of all you free thinkers and beer drinkers. Much love and respect and look forward to to seeing you soon."

President of Nuclear Blast Entertainment, Monte Conner adds:
"I love all the incarnations of C.O.C. over the years but the Pepper-fronted version has always been the definitive line-up of the band for me. Ever since hearing Pepper take charge on 1991's 'Vote With A Bullet' I was dying to hear him sing more with the band. This line-up's 1994 debut Deliverance, with its signature tracks 'Clean My Wounds" and 'Albatross,' was an instant classic and is still one of my all-time favorite albums.

"It has been a long 10 years since their fourth album - the highly underrated In The Arms Of God - and as a fan, I am dying to hear what these guys come up with next. I know it will be a monster. The fact that it is coming out on Nuclear Blast is very fulfilling for me and many others on the Nuclear Blast team as we finally get to work with one of our favorite bands."

A fall 2016 release is expected. In the meantime, catch CORROSION OF CONFORMITY on tour this fall. Tour dates and tix at http://bit.ly/coc-on-tour.
Última edición por rearviewmirror el Vie Nov 10, 2017 7:44 pm, editado 2 veces en total
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - Nuevo disco en 2016

por rearviewmirror » Lun Jun 06, 2016 10:13 pm

Comunicado que han colgado hace unas horas. Parece ser que durante la gira que estaban realizando junto a Clutch y Lamb Of God, a Reed Mullin (el batería) se le ha ido de las manos el consumo de drogas y alcohol poniendo en grave riesgo su salud. De momento están continuando los conciertos gracias a la ayuda de los otros dos grupos, pero parece que tienen muy mala pinta el asunto. De hecho, Mullin ya dejó el grupo durante un tiempo cuando grabaron "In The Arms Of God", supongo que por los mismos problemas...

"Last night In Edmonton, Alberta, COC drummer, Reed Mullin,had a seizure just as we were about to take the stage. This was preceded by prolonged, extreme and unhealthy levels of alcohol consumption, not taking care of himself and who-knows-what else. Reed has been unwell for awhile and we are praying he gets the help he needs and that he seek treatment for alcohol and drug dependency, not to mention general lifestyle assistance.This tragic event echoes a nearly identical incident In Pttsburgh a few years back, where Reed had a seizure just before taking the stage when the 3 piece version of the band were also opening for Clutch. Both instances were preceded by concerns about Reed's well being and appearance.That incident resulted in five canceled shows. So years of assurances go by and we come full circle back to the same avoidable tragedy. This time we are leaving Reed with the medical experts in Edmonton and pressing on w the help of Jean Paul Gaster and Chris Adler, who quickly learned some songs. The show went on and will go on but we will not enable Reed to continue killing himself on our watch.
Again we ask everyone for prayers for Reed and understanding for our predicament. All the best to everyone and Reed get help,"- with a heavy heart, Mike Dean
Imagen

CesarAguilar

Gran Maestro

17 May, 2012

Málaga

por CesarAguilar » Mar Jun 07, 2016 9:41 am

Extracto del facebook de Sacred Reich (el que lo lleva es Phil Rind, su frontman). Saquen las palomitas que empieza la fiesta.

Just got off the phone with Reed Mullin. He is doing good. Reports that his illness was "alcohol related" are completely false. I'm sure the truth surrounding the situation will all be revealed in the coming days. Don't believe the bullshit.
El camino más aburrido entre dos puntos es la línea recta.

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Mar Jun 07, 2016 4:10 pm

Joer, pues a saber...
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Mié Jun 08, 2016 4:36 pm

Bueno, "parece" que vuelve a estar todo en orden...

Twist of plot: Reed showed up today in Winnipeg and played well, against advice. We're glad he's still with us. One day at a time and hopefully some big changes.

Imagen
Imagen

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Lun Sep 25, 2017 9:05 am

Bueno, van a pasar 3 años casi desde que abrí este post pero parece que el disco está cerca :lol:

Anyone interested in a new COC album in January 2018?
Imagen

Richiefinestra

Clásico del Rock

5 Abr, 2017

por Richiefinestra » Lun Sep 25, 2017 10:03 am

Nada me puede hacer más feliz que un nuevo disco de Corrosion. Joder, que han pasado diez años del In The Arms Of God. :fear:

Turu

Gran Maestro

14 Jul, 2004

Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - Nuevo disco en Enero 2018

por Turu » Vie Nov 10, 2017 7:20 pm

:-({|=

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Vie Nov 10, 2017 7:40 pm

JOOOOOOOODER!!!! Suena del carajo! 8O Como si no hubiese pasado el tiempo.

El disco sale el 12 de Enero. Dejo aqui la portada y el tracklist. Parece que el disco será largo: http://www.earsplitcompound.com/site/20 ... order-bun/

Imagen

Novus Deus
The Luddite
Cast The First Stone
No Cross
Wolf Named Crow
Little Man
Matre’s Diem
Forgive Me
Nothing Left To Say
Sacred Isolation
Old Disaster
E.L.M.
No Cross No Crown
A Quest To Believe (A Call To The Void)
Son And Daughter
Imagen

Nowitzki

Gran Maestro

30 Mar, 2006

the blank planet

por Nowitzki » Sab Nov 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Richiefinestra escribió:Nada me puede hacer más feliz que un nuevo disco de Corrosion. Joder, que han pasado diez años del In The Arms Of God. :fear:

Tienen 2 discos entre medias...

Turu escribió:

:-({|=

Cojonudo tema y más cojonudo aun que Pepper Keenan esté de vuelta.

Enorme banda.
Imagen

roots

Gran Maestro

2 Sep, 2008

war for territory

Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown (12 Enero 20

por roots » Sab Nov 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Giran con BLS en los States, a ver si vienen también con ellos por Europa.
Imagen
Nunushka escribió:Eso es falta de creatividad? 17 temas!!

Sepulchaos

Clásico del Rock

26 Feb, 2005

por Sepulchaos » Sab Nov 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Pues si que suena bien. Un grupo que siempre lo he tenido pendiente. Alguna recomendación para empezar con ellos?

Wakibu

Gran Maestro

1 Sep, 2009

Bilbo

por Wakibu » Sab Nov 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Sepulchaos escribió:Pues si que suena bien. Un grupo que siempre lo he tenido pendiente. Alguna recomendación para empezar con ellos?

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

rearviewmirror

Gran Maestro

18 Ene, 2006

Madrid

por rearviewmirror » Sab Nov 11, 2017 4:49 pm

Nowitzki escribió:
Richiefinestra escribió:Nada me puede hacer más feliz que un nuevo disco de Corrosion. Joder, que han pasado diez años del In The Arms Of God. :fear:

Tienen dos discos después del In The Arms Of God, cierto... pero son como trio y sin Pepper Keenan, porque éste andaba con Down en aquella época y les insistió en que siguiesen el grupo sin él hasta que pudiera volver.

Giran con BLS en los States, a ver si vienen también con ellos por Europa.

Pues sería un cartelón. Aunque no estoy muy puesto con Black Label Society... casi prefiero que vuelvan COC por su cuenta. Les ví hace un par de años y los tíos están en forma.

Wakibu escribió:
Sepulchaos escribió:Pues si que suena bien. Un grupo que siempre lo he tenido pendiente. Alguna recomendación para empezar con ellos?

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Tienen dos etapas. La primera que es más tirando al crossover de los 80 y luego cuando entra Pepper a cantar, que es donde personalmente creo que está lo bueno del grupo, tirnado por un hard rock sureño muy guapo.

Con Pepper cantando tienen 4 discos, todos ellos muy recomendables. Pero sin duda el mítico es "Deliverance".

Imagen

Imagen

Nowitzki

Gran Maestro

30 Mar, 2006

the blank planet

por Nowitzki » Sab Nov 11, 2017 5:24 pm

rearviewmirror escribió:
Nowitzki escribió:

Tienen dos discos después del In The Arms Of God, cierto... pero son como trio y sin Pepper Keenan, porque éste andaba con Down en aquella época y les insistió en que siguiesen el grupo sin él hasta que pudiera volver.

En el último ya mete voces Keenan en algún tema :P , oficialmente en los créditos aparece en uno pero escuchándolo me da la impresión que lo hace al menos en un par de ellos más, o mucho se le parece :lol:

El IX me lo pillé hace poco y lo he escuchado bastante últimamente y está bien bien, del anterior al IX no tengo buen recuerdo la verdad.

Como nota chorra siempre me acordaré del día que me hice con America's Volume Dealer, escucharlo a todo trapo mientras veía caer las torres gemelas por la tele :lol:
Imagen
Siguiente